Re: Failed adadm RAID array after aborted Grown operation

Am 22.05.22 um 06:13 schrieb Bob Brand:
Is xfs_repair an option?

unlikely in case the underlying device has all sort of damages - think of the RAID like a single disk and how the filesystem reacts if you shoot holes in it

And, if it is, do I run it on md125 or the
individual sd devices?

when you think two seconds it's obvious - is the filesystem on top of single disks or on top of the whole RAID - the filesystem don't even know about individual devices

Unfortunately, restore from back up isn't an option - after all to where do
you back up 200TB of data?

on a second machine in a different building - the inital sync is done local and then no matter how large the data rsync is enough - the daily delta don't vary just because the whole dataset is huge

and don't get me wrong but who starts a reshape on a 200 TB storage when he knows that there is no backup?

This storage was originally set up with the
understanding that it wasn't backed up and so no valuable data was supposed
to have been stored on it.

well, then i won't store it at all

Unfortunately, people being what they are,
valuable data has been stored there and I'm the mug now trying to get it
back - it's a system that I've inherited.