Re: md device remains active even when all supporting disks have failed and been disabled by the kernel.

Thanks Jani,
Gold info. I have been looking at 2 cheap Mini-PCIe adapters. One uses
the JMicron and would you believe it the other is using ASMedia.
Now I have a solid reason to choose the second rather than the first.

In this case it will NOT be,  "Better the devil you know than the
devil you don't"
and anyway I don't work hard enough to need 6Gb/s :)
ATB
Aidan