Re: --detail --export doesn't show all properties

On Thu, 08 Jul 2021, BW wrote:
> 1: Just because the array is inactive doesn't mean the information is
> not valuable, actually it's even more,  as your most likely needs your
> attention
> 2: The information is available and is printed when not doing --export

Ahh... I missed that.  My memory is that when the array is inactive, the
md driver really don't know anything about the array.  It doesn't find
out until it reads the metadata, and it does that as it activates the
array.
But looking at your sample output I see does, as you say, give a raid
level for an inactive array.

But looking at the code, it should do exactly the same thing for
--export, and --brief, and normal.
It determines the raid level:

        if (inactive && info)
                str = map_num(pers, info->array.level);
        else
                str = map_num(pers, array.level);

and then report 'str' in all 3 cases (possibly substituting "-unknown-"
or "container" for NULL) providing that array.raid_disks is non-zero -
which it is in your example.
So I cannot see how you would get the results that you report.

Do you know how you got the array in this inactive state? I could then
experiment and see if I can reproduce your result.

NeilBrown