Re: Question about mdcheck

Following up to my own post:

Further exploration revealed a couple of things (to me!):

The mdcheck_start.timer and mdcheck_continue.timer files
under /lib/systemd/system/ contain RandomizedDelaySec
settings of 24h and 12h respectively.  This appears to be
responsible for the odd starting times for the check which is
interfering with daytime system use.  Why would these
values be included for a service intended to only run once
a month?

I do not want to edit the files under /lib/systemd/system/
which would certainly be overwritten with future updates.
Can I place copies of these files in /etc/systemd/system
and completely override the entries under /lib/systemd?

Clearly, I'm still trying to figure out just how the systemd
works and how it integrates with the old legacy init system.