Re: RAID6 : Sequential Write Performance

I'm not sure what it takes to make the raid code fully multithreaded, but it should help on this occation. Perhaps it would be sufficient to move the interrupts to a single socket, but I think he tried that - I was asking him because of the load of CPU interconnects and the lower bandwidth compared to main memory.

Still, a RAID controller has a slower CPU and less memory bandwidth, so it really should be slower, but isn't. I'm not quite sure why this is the case.

Vennlig hilsen

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk