Re: [sucess?] upgrading LSI SAS9211-8i fw IR->IT

On 28/10/17 07:09, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

I am ready to commission this controller after next week's backup, but
would still like answers to
some questions.

Q1) I did not flash a rom file, do I need to do so (with the IT fw)?

Not unless you plan on trying to boot from one. I have the BIOS zeroed on all my cards as it speeds up POST.

Q2) The upgrade changed the SAS Address, should I reprogram the original
address?

I always reset the address, but mainly because I don't want 2 cards in the machine with the same address.

Q3) Below are the relevant messages from the test, do they look good?
    Is the "overriding NVDATA EEDPTagMode setting" OK?

Can't answer that one. A quick squiz at the source doesn't seem like it's particularly evil though.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them