Re: Recover array after I panicked

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 02:54:50PM +0200, Patrik Dahlström wrote:
>> What offset are you referring to here? The --data-offset to the mdadm
>> --create command?
>
> Yes, data offset...
It all makes sense to me now! I believe I was still in sort of a
panicked mode yesterday. The pieces are starting to make more sense
today.

> Another thing you can check is, pick an arbitrary offset that does not
> have zeroes on the disks, and see if the XOR matches for 5, or 6 disks.
I will try that when I get home.

> If you have a 5disk parity match in the zone that should be 6disks,
> then maybe one of your earlier mdadm create experiments started to
> sync the raid.
This is definitely a possibility.

> This would be yet another nail in your coffin.
Could you define how big nail? I can live with some data loss, but
preferably not 20 TB.

Best regards
Patrik Dahlström