Re: Raid settings

On 29/08/16 19:13, o1bigtenor wrote:
>> Once I've got access, I can sort out access for you, and if it works out
>> > well, we can work on this together :-) It'd be nice to get an up-to-date
>> > resource out there :-) Times move on, and the two original guys have
>> > moved on in their lives - now's as good a time as any to pass the baton :-)
>> >
> I'm starting to think that documents should be checked for
> 'currentness' at least
> annually if not more often. The software is constantly being worked on and
> hardware stuff is changing likely on a semi-annual basis.

Good sentiment. Snag is, the web is full of cobweb sites - and given the
propensity of the web to never forget, I don't think you're going to win
... It's like documentation - how many programmers keep documentation up
to date :-)

But yes, if it's (allegedly) hosted at kernel.org, yes it looks official
and should be kept up-to-date. And the reality is, a lot of it still is
good relevant advice. It's just the technical stuff, which isn't
actually the majority of the site. Unfortunately, if the tech stuff is
out of date, techies will distrust the rest.

Cheers,
Wol