Re: Raid settings

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29/08/16 10:26, o1bigtenor wrote:
>> I've looked but haven't been able to find anything that discusses the
>> points that
>> have been raised so far. Would you point me to a, or some, documents that
>> discuss these options?
>> What are the options besides the 2 you mentioned?
>>
>> What I'm looking for is a methodology for the decision rather than a blanket
>> answer at this point. Thought initially that there might be a 'best' answer but
>> now its looking like a much much more fluid thing.
>
> Apropos all this, I should be getting write access to the linux raid
> wiki sometime soon. At the moment, as I mentioned before, it seems to be
> a cobweb site, with the admin MIA and stuck in the days of kernel 2.6,
> LILO, and parallel ATA drives ... :-)
>
> So I'm planning on a major update/rewrite, and I'll probably be bugging
> the list for info :-) but this is exactly the sort of thing that might
> well go on there, if I can find the info or get someone to write it for me.

Would be willing to assist in the document crafting if I were given good
information (see it as a way to 'help' knowing bupkis about code!).

Wol, do you have any pointers to documents that discuss the variable
 to be considered?

What kind of shape would you think the document should have?

What should be included/excluded?

Regards

Dee