mdadm monitoring for RAID-1 - no events after pulling out all disks.

Hello everyone. Please, help me with one mdadm monitoring issue.
I use mdadm 3.2.5 on Debian 7.6. Besides system HDD, I have 2 SSDs
with the same partition table.
I have an array RAID1 over those SSDs with the same partitions in it.
As I need to monitor mdadm errors, I have a tool for monitoring.
So, I do next:
mdadm –assemble /dev/md1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1
            //run the md which was created earlier
mdadm --monitor --daemonize --scan --syslog
--program=/usr/local/mdmonitor            //monitoring

The md  /dev/md1 is running, everything is okey.
When I pull out the first SSD and try to write anything on active
array, mdadm calls my program with parameters “Fail” (or “FailSpare”),
the md device name /dev/md1 and partition name, as it’s supposed to
do.
But when I pull out second SSD and there is no one SSD is present,
then try to write data on the md, mdadm doesn’t run my program to
inform about fail.
Also /proc/mdstat isn’t changed  – the array is still ‘active’, even
without any physically present SSD. Of course, I can’t do any write
operations, I’ve got an error trying to do that, but I have no event
from mdadm monitoring.
Has anybody faced with similar troubles? Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance for your time, Iakiv.