Re: RAID 5: low sequential write performance?

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Corey Hickey wrote:

Is 256 really a reasonable default? Given what I've been seeing, it appears that 256 is either unreasonably low or I have something else wrong.

It's a safe setting for a low memory system. 1 megabyte per drive can probably be handled by most systems.

It's expected that you know how to tune this yourself, right now. I seem to remember Neil saying something a few years back about it being desireable for the stripe-cache to be auto-tuned depending on size of available RAM, but probably other things was higher priority plus it's not obvious exactly what the settings should be depending on how much RAM you have.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx