Re: potentially lost largeish raid5 array..

On September 23, 2011, NeilBrown wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 02:09:36 -0600 Thomas Fjellstrom <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> wrote:
> > I forgot to say, but: Thank you very much :) for the help, and your
> > tireless work on md.
>
> You've very welcome .... but I felt I needed to respond to that word
> "tireless".
> The truth is that I am getting rather tired of md .... if anyone knows
> anyone who wants to get into kernel development and is wondering where to
> start - please consider whispering 'the md driver' in their ear.  Plenty
> to do, great mentoring possibilities, and competent linux kernel engineers
> with good experience are unlikely to have much trouble finding a job ;-)
>
> NeilBrown

Very tempting. How much work do you think it would be to add in full raid10
reshape support? ;D (not that I'm volunteering, I don't think I could
comprehend a lot of the raid code, at least not at this point in time
(extenuating circumstances)).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx