Re: Q: imsm rapid recovery volume

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 08:28:05AM -0700, Jiang, Dave wrote:
No this is Intel BIOS RAID. You need a kernel that's fairly recent and mdadm that supports external metadata so once again something fairly recent. Fedora supports this out of box if you want a free distro. Ubuntu does not last time I checked because grub2 doesn't seem to work properly yet with IMSM, but I know they are putting in new code to support it.
I have updated the RAID wiki. Please take a look here:
https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID_setup#External_Metadata

Dave,
There does not seem to be any information regarding rapid recovery on
the wiki.
Are you implying it just works?
I tried to set one up under windows with continuous update policy, but
when i rebooted under linux it looked like the recovery disk was failed.
I am usink kernel 2.6.36.2 and mdadm 3.1.2, raid1 on a similar config
was working correctly.

Thanks in advance and regards,
L.

--