Re: polishing up mdadm manpages: mdassemble(8), mdmon(8)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:18:27 +1100, NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course I could create the patch my - it looks like you
> start from the verison in the 3.2 release - correct?
Yes.

> Being consistent is good, but using \fB \fI etc is not.
> Convention (as I understand it) prefers .B .I etc.
Is this convention? I've seen many manpages using it,.. and it seems to be
part of the standard format?

> There are a variety of programs around which convert man pages to
> other formats and I trust the ".B" tags to be handled more reliably.
Well if they don't handle \f* they should be fixed IMHO....

Anyway,.. the reason for me arguing so strong agains .B .I etc. is that it
really makes the (raw) manpage nearly unreadable/unmaintainable IMHO.
Especially polishing up everything is made rather impossible so (IMHO)...
so do you insist on this?.

> Maybe... The ".pid" and ".sock" are file name extensions.  If your
change
> were made (which quite possibly improves readability) it might then me
> necessary to say something explicit about extensions.
Well that's up to you then,.. I don't have enough knowledge about the
containers to do that =)

Cheers,
Chris.