Re: What's the typical RAID10 setup?

hummm, nice
keld (or anyone), do you know someone (with time, not much, total time
i think it´s just 2 hours) to try develop modifications on raid1
read_balance function?
what modification, today read_balance have distance (current_head -
next_head), multiply it by a number at /sys/block/md0/distance_rate,
and make add read_size*byte_rate (byte_rate at
/sys/block/md0/byte_read_rate), with this, the algorithm will make
minimal time, and not minimal distance
with this, i can get better read_balance (for ssd)
for a second time we could implement device queue time to end (i think
we will work about 1 day to get it working with all device
schedulers), but it´s not for now