Re: What's the typical RAID10 setup?

now, a question....

if raid1 is like raid10 (one disk = raid0)
why not only one raid1 (raid10) software implementation?
for example, if i have 4 disks and i want 4 mirrors.
why not work with only raid10? why the option since we have all
features of raid1 inside raid10?
is it to allow small source code (a small ARM rom)? memory usage? cpu
usage? easy to implement?