Re: Debugging a strange array corruption

On 14/12/10 17:42, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:37:53 +0800
Brad Campbell<brad@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

And in the prior incarnation I was only using 1 port on that controller so
the problem would never have manifested itself. Thanks, at least I have
something to try.

To add another idea to my previous reply, it should be pretty easy to test for
the presence of this particular problem by running your dd+md5sum test on just
the two physical disks which are plugged into that controller, starting the
tests simultaneously on both disks (in two terminal windows). See if you get
varying sums over several runs that way.

I just finished that test. Can I cry now?

Thanks Roman, I'd *never* have pegged it otherwise.

Anyone want a slightly second hand SIL 2 port controller?

Regards,
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them