Re: New RAID causing system lockups

>>> I don't know yet what is causing the lock-up.  A quick look at your logs
>>> suggest that it could be related to the barrier handling.  Maybe trying to
>>> handle a barrier during a reshape is prone to races of some sort - I wouldn't
>>> be very surprised by that.
>>
>> Just note that during the second lockup no reshape or resync was going
>> on. The array state was stable, I was just writing to it.
>>

>>> I'll have a look at the code and see what I can find.
>>
>> Thanks a lot. If it was only a risk when I was growing/reshaping the
>> array, and covered by the backup file, it would just be an
>> inconvenience. But since it can seemingly happen at any time it's a
>> problem.
>>

> The lockup just happened again. I wasn't doing any
> growing/reshaping/anything like that. Just copying some data into the
> partition that lives on md0. dmesg_3.txt has been uploaded alongside
> the other files at http://www.hartmanipulation.com/raid/. The trace
> looks pretty similar to me.

The lockup just happened for the fourth time, less than an hour after
I rebooted to clear the previous lockup from last night. All I did was
boot the system, start the RAID, and start copying some files onto it.
The problem seems to be getting worse - up until now I got at least a
full day of fairly heavy usage out of the system before it happened.
dmesg_4.txt has been uploaded alongside the other files. Let me know
if there's any other system information that would be useful.

Mike