RE: RAID Class Drives`

	First of all, not what they call "high" temperatures in the paper
are not really very high.  Eighty C is roughly the boiling point of Ethyl
Alcohol, and in human terms this is considered quite hot.  Immersion of body
tissues in a large volume of 80C water for several seconds will result in
moderately severe burns.  For most mechanical systems however, 80C is not
particularly hot.  Many solid state electronics systems can withstand 80C
internal temperatures indefinitely.  An average healthy adult human being
has a body core temperature of 37C, and a device with a 40C surface
temperature is barely warm to the touch.  It is not hot. Unless one employs
a refrigerated fluid cooling system or a Peltier junction to actively cool
it, no drive system is ever going to be less than 30C if the room
temperature is anything other than uncomfortably cold.  It's rather cold in
my house right now, because I have the heat shut off to save money, yet the
coolest drive in my arrays - which have very effective forced air systems
built in to them - are 31C.  Most are over 33C by a wide margin.  Come
summer, all of them will be over 40C.