Re: RAID Problem

On 16 Mar 2010 18:32:39 -0500
colli419@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello, I am having problems with my RAID as follows:
>
> I installed the drives in an old computer and created the RAID and it
> worked great. When I tried to install the same RAID set in a new computer I
> could get it to mount manually with some messing around but couldn't get it
> to mount automatically as in the old machine. I was wondering if zeroing
> the superblocks and trying to re-create the RAID would be a good idea. The
> data that is stored on the drives should otherwise be intact because I had
> it running just fine the other day. Any help at all would be most
> appreciated.

You haven't provides a lot of concrete information, like error messages
during boot or "mdadm -E" output of devices or even kernel/mdadm versions, so
I can only guess, but my guess would be that you can fix it by assembling
the array with "--update=homehost"

i.e.
   mdadm --assemble /dev/mdwhatever  \
   --update=homehost /dev/device1 /dev/device2 ....

NeilBrown