RAID MIA. Again. (Kinda.)

Hey, all.  I had a problem a month or so ago where I had three mirrors,
and one of them went AWOL after a system migration.  Finally got as much
as I could back, created a RAID-5 of four of the 1.5 TB disks, put
everything on it, recovered more from backup, and was feeling pretty good.

Then the power went out.

Now, now RAID-5.  Or, rather, mdadm sees that there are RAID partitions,
and starts; fdisk shows me an unpartitioned disk.  Which is, essentially,
the exact same thing I had happen last time.  (Except that, this time, I
*know* my mdadm.conf is correct, because it hasn't changed -- but, for the
hell of it, I did a "mdadm --detail --scan", and it matches.)

WTF?  Am I too stupid for software RAID?  Is there something really
obvious I'm missing?  Any help at all would be most graciously accepted.

Thanks,

-Ken

believed to be clean.