Re: embedding area is unusually small... (GRUB2 on software RAID1)

Thanks for your reply, Antonio.

--- On Wed, 1/6/10, Antonio Perez <ap23563m@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What's the output of:
>     fdisk -lu /dev/sda

I will look at it tonight. Thanks.

> However, the way you are making partitions is quite complex
> and the needed space could be somewhere else.

Does this mean that this partitioning is not the right way to proceed? should I create all the partitions first and build them into so many /dev/md[01234] devices separately maybe?

> Please, stop repeating your question everywhere.

I am very sorry if I upset the community. I did not think that linux-raid, grub-devel and help-grub lists would represent the same experts. In fact, based on what I see on the GRUB sites is, that grub-devel experts are different from more like "legacy" supporting help-grub ones. Maybe a bit of clarification would help keeping the developers/maintainers email intake a bit lower. So I must ask: which one is the most appropriate for my question?

Thanks again,
Tibor