Question for Neil/Superblocks

Hi Neil,

A couple of things, recently I tried to make a new system (MDADM/latest/SW RAID1) and noticed that GRUB & LILO still only support 0.90 superblocks. This leads me to my next question.

Will the newer superblocks be supported? I ask this due to my final question.

With 0.90 superblocks, I have never seen any array (raid1,raid5,raid6) try to correct a read-error, but when I made an array with 1.2 superblocks (not the boot volume of course) using VelociRaptors, great for testing crap disks that don't work in read, I did see it try to correct read errors! I was wondering if that is only applicable to superblocks >= 1.x+?

I know you can build yourself an initrd/miniroot so/on/so forth but its nice when you can just build a kernel, run lilo and have it auto-detect the raid1 volumes and boot accordingly (as you can with 0.90 superblocks).

Justin.