Re: MD write performance issue - found Catalyst patches

Yes write cache is on the drives and the comparisons are all with the
same hardware... apples for apples and no pears ;)

Write is often faster (in my mind) simply because you can use a lot of
write cache (in system)... whilst reads reads you are limited to what
the drives can pull off.

I also guess that the FS's - mainly ext2 it seems is more effecient at
implementing a read cache than a raw device, hence the slight
performance increase.... but i just guessing to be honest