Re: MD write performance issue - found Catalyst patches

Thank you Neil... if the commits improve overall the stability of
Linux then they are obviously important and hopefully there is another
way to achieve the same results... as you say if we can see that there
is an opportunity for significant performance gain (i think 600MBs
extra is significant), it’s maybe worth some thought.

I would very much like to contribute to this and indeed ongoing
developments, but the only hurdle i have is that i am storage focused,
which means I work solely in storage environments (which is good) but
also means i know very little about linux and dramatically less about
programming (i have never even touched C for example).   I come from
hardware based storage into the world of linux, so lag behind greatly
in many ways.

I do have current access to equipment in which we can gain the
performance needed to see the effect of the commits (up to 600MBsec
difference) but i have the lack of ability to implement the ideas
which you have suggested.

I am hopeful that you or another member of this group could offer some
advice / patch to implement the print options you suggested... if so i
would happily allocated resource and time to do what i can to help
with this.

I appreciate that this group is generally aimed at those with linux
experience, but hopefully i can still add some value whether simply
with test equipment, comparisons or real life introduction for
feedback etc.

The print options you suggested... are these a simple introduction?
Could someone maybe offer a abc of how to add this?