RE: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

} -----Original Message-----
} From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-raid-
} owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Pernegger
} Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:31 PM
} To: adfas asd
} Cc: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
} Subject: Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!
}
} > > Yes, the r in rsync stands for remote...
} >
} > Ah yes I remember now, Remote was not the issue...  Security is.
}
} Which is why rsync can use ssh as a transport ...

lol he does not want anyone to steal his bootleg movies!

}
} (Beats me why you'd need "security" for video data on your own LAN,
} though. Well, maybe it's the principle of the thing.)
}
} > But rigor and excellence require a certain amount of pushing back.  This
} is something you have to understand.
}
} Ok, so you *are* just trolling.

I figured he was a troll about 2 days ago.  NFS outdated!  Lol  Just tunnel
it with ssh.  Oh, ssh is not allowed.  If you want real security, you must
use an encrypted path.  If you don't care about encryption, just limit the
NFS mount to 1 IP address.

But I think rsync would be the smart way to go.  Using ssh if you care
enough about security.  I don't secure data over my network, but I do secure
access to my servers.  Don't care if my wife and kids figure out how to
sniff the network.  Would be really happy if they knew what I was talking
about!  :)

}
} Cheers,
}