Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

--- On Tue, 10/27/09, Christian Pernegger <pernegger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ah yes I remember now, Remote was not the issue...
>  Security is.
>
> Which is why rsync can use ssh as a transport ...
>
> (Beats me why you'd need "security" for video data on your
> own LAN,
> though. Well, maybe it's the principle of the thing.)

You can't understand why I'd want LAN security for my /home directory?  Why not?

> > But rigor and excellence require a certain amount of
> pushing back.  This is something you have to
> understand.
>
> Ok, so you *are* just trolling.

You apparently don't know what that means.

I guess this conversation's over.  We're not making any more progress, and only petulance is emerging.  I've offered some novel concepts, but many here are apparently too proud to admit we have advanced this concept.  I won't fight you.  Everybody's loss.  IOW fsck it, I have enough to do a great system now, without insults.