Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

--- On Tue, 10/27/09, John Robinson <john.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, the r in rsync stands for remote...

Ah yes I remember now, Remote was not the issue...  Security is.

> Perhaps if you'd try reading the f*cking manuals, and
> indeed listening here, instead of trying to tell all the
> genuine experts here that you know better?

So you prefer the Old Ways, ey grandpa.

Look, I recognize  true knowledge when I see it, and there's been alot of good advice here.  Why do you think I'm still here?  But rigor and excellence require a certain amount of pushing back.  This is something you have to understand.

Substance;  over Style or the status quo.  And we drag guys like you along with us kicking and screaming, to benefit.