Re: Re-map disk sectors in userspace when rewriting after read errors

Thank you for the insight, Robin.

I already have used dd_rescue to find which sectors are bad, so I
guess I could either wait for Matthias to finish his modifications to
mdadm, or I can reconstruct the bad sectors manually (read same sector
from other disks, xor all, write to damaged disk's clone).

Weird thing though, is that when I re-read some of the bad sectors, I
didn't get I/O errors ... it's confusing!

Also, I'd rather avoid a fsck when I have bad sectors to not lose
files. I'll run fsck once I've fixed the bad sectors and resynced the
array.

--
       Majed B.