Re: 2 Disks Jumped Out While Reshaping RAID5

Thanks a lot Neil for your help :)

kernel logs showed a SATA link error for sdg. I double checked the
cables and they were more than fine and the array was running for
weeks before I did the reshaping and no errors were reported before
the reshaping process.

I'm using an MSI motherboard (MS-7514) and been having random issues
with it since reaching 6 disks. I've recently ordered an EVGA
motherboard and if things turn to be stable on it, I'll ditch MSI for
good.

Throughout searching for the past 6 days, I noticed people complaining
from acpi and apic causing issues, so I turned them off and will see
how things turn out.

These are the hard disks I'm using:

root@Adam:~# hddtemp /dev/sd[a-h]
/dev/sda: WDC WD10EACS-00D6B1: 26°C
/dev/sdb: WDC WD10EACS-00D6B1: 28°C
/dev/sdc: WDC WD10EACS-00ZJB0: 29°C
/dev/sdd: WDC WD10EADS-65L5B1: 27°C
/dev/sde: WDC WD10EADS-65L5B1: 28°C
/dev/sdf: MAXTOR STM31000340AS: 28°C
/dev/sdg: WDC WD10EACS-00ZJB0: 26°C
/dev/sdh: WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1: 25°C
/dev/sdi: Hitachi HDS721680PLAT80: 32°C

(sdi is the OS disk)

Neil, do you suggest any certain test/stress-tests to put sdg through?

I'll force a couple of short and long smartd tests on it, and have dd
read the whole disk a couple of times to make sure all sectors are
read properly. Is that sufficient?

Thank you again.

--
       Majed B.