Re: NEWBIE Q: expanding hardware RAID

Forgot to mention that after you mount /dev/sda to verify that fdisk
was done correctly you must unmount it before running fsck.

umount /dev/sda
fdisk /dev/sda (delete and recreate the partition to fill the entire volume)

mount /dev/sda (make sure your files are accessible to verify you
repartitioned it correctly)
umount /dev/sda

fsck -f /dev/sda
resize2fs /dev/sda
mount /dev/sda (df -h should show the volume with the additional space)

Ryan