Re: NEWBIE Q: expanding hardware RAID

Hi Ryan,
  That is excellent information! Thank you so much!!

 My external enclosure does support hot-swapping. I will begin the
expansion in a few hours. I'd also rather expand the existing
filesystem. Here's some output that might be useful:

# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 1169.3 GB, 1169304846336 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 142159 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sda1   *           1      142159  1141892136   83  Linux

# parted /dev/sda print
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-1115136.000 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
1          0.031 1115129.069  primary   ext3        boot

Any help on this would be great too! (and do let me know if I need to
give more info/details.)

Thanks again!
Best
Anil