Re: Raid 5 - not clean and then a failure.

Wouldn't weekly RAID consistency checks reveal a bad block before you
had a failure that required the need to do a full resync? It only
takes 3 hours to resync my 3 x 1TB drives and having a bitmap would
reduce the performance. I've never had to have a resync in the year
I've had the array up. I just wonder if the performance drawback is
worth having the bitmap to save a possible resync once every couple
years. Or are the RAID consistency checks not reliable enough to
prevent more errors during a resync?

Ryan