Re: Raid 5 - not clean and then a failure.

On Tue Aug 25, 2009 at 01:40:31AM -0700, Jon Hardcastle wrote:

> [...]
By SATA 3, I assume you're actually referring to SATA 3GBit/s (as SATA 3
has only just been ratified, and I doubt you can get it at all yet)?
You'll probably be able to find PCI cards that support it, but the
standard PCI bus (32-bit, 33MHz) only has a bandwidth of 1 GBit/s, so
can't even keep up with 1.5GBit/s SATA, let alone 3GBit/s.  A 64-bit or
66MHz bus would do better though.

Cheers,
    Robin
--