Re: Western Digital RE3

Bill Davidsen wrote:
Henry, Andrew wrote:
I'm told that my script to keep "FreeAgent" USB external drives from
doing that also works with similar other drives which want to sleep. I
have *not* verified that (having none and no time), but if you want the
script to try on your own, I think I posted it here, or could put it up
on request.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc

This is the version I posted, I've played with some extra features, but since you may want to modify it, simple is best. It's small enough to just send.

Just to be clear, this script addresses the habit of external drives to go to sleep, not any other problems you may have.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.