Re: Western Digital RE3

Henry, Andrew wrote:
MOgWai46[Saurceful of Secrets] wrote:

stop to work. Someone have an experience with the Western Digital Raid
Edition 3 on a machine with linux software Raid 1?
I have been using pairs of md RAID1 RE3's in a number of machines for
the last 6 months without issue.

Regards,

Richard

I have also been using a pair of 1TB RE3's in RAID 1 configuration on Ubuntu 8.10 since January and have not received a single complaint in the logs.  I have used consumer level western digital drives (external firewire) and had lots of issues with them, due to them going into sleep mode all the time.  This may have been due to them being external drives though.

I'm told that my script to keep "FreeAgent" USB external drives from doing that also works with similar other drives which want to sleep. I have *not* verified that (having none and no time), but if you want the script to try on your own, I think I posted it here, or could put it up on request.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.