Re: resync duration ?

Neil Brown wrote:
On Friday May 15, lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  echo check > /sys/block/mdX/md/sync_action.

or "echo repair" to get it to fix anything it finds.
Thanks.  Those are pretty easy, but it would be nice if they were in the MAN
page.  Better yet, have you considered adding both as command line options
for mdadm?

Considered, yes.  But they are very low on my priority list.
I accept patches.
Maybe and option like
   mdadm --syncaction=check /dev/md0

??

That is a great idea, it puts the md administration in the mdadm program (where it belongs) instead of counting on a script to do the right thing. Well, if you do this at all, the other actions are probably appropriate as well.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.