Re: md extension to support booting from raid whole disks.

On 29/04/2009 01:02, Daniel Reurich wrote:
No What I'm asking for is a superblock layout that allows the boot
loader to be installed in each member disk, so that the booting from a
software raid array becomes not only possible, but reliable and easy to
set up.

What you're asking for is a partitioning scheme hidden away in md.

Nope, just the first 64K of each member disk to be reserved for a raid
aware bootloader.

Which is a 64K RAID-1 partition at the beginning of each disc, and the remaining partition of the disc the main RAID member, which you can already do with visible partitions, so what you're asking for sounds to me very much like a paritioning scheme hidden away in md.

Cheers,

John.