raid5 failed logical and physically; how to reconstruct?

Hi all,

having used mdadm and linux for slightly over a year now to great pleasure I came to face a problem. My raid5 got degraded due to hard disc failure. After this some form of logical damage also occurred.

Everytime I wish to mount md0 I get an error from the system telling it's unable to mount, something wrong with the superblock.

I tried to rebuild the array, without formatting the discs, and using a windows based tool I can still see that data is available, but garbled.

Is there any way of recovering the array, and to recover my data? I am not a big linux guru and any tutorial / steps to take would be very much appreciated!

yours

Paul