Re: Fedora 9 install using md RAID

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 16:45 +1300, Richard Scobie wrote:
>> Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could do an
>> install of Fedora 9 WITHOUT it using dm RAID.
>>
>> I have done a number of md RAID installs of Fedora 9, but this
>> particular machine has a Silicon Image controller that the Redhat
>> installer obviously recognises and automatically proceeds to install
>> using dmraid and I would prefer to use md.
>
> At the boot prompt, pass the nodmraid option.  There are a number of
> options available, you can get the entire list by installing anaconda,
> then running anaconda --help on a working system.  Any options the
> kernel doesn't know just get passed on to anaconda.

Is nodmraid enough? For some reason on a recent system I installed F10
Preview on I seemed to have to specify both nodmraid and nompath to
get multipath from taking over...

It would be a lot easier if you could choose which you wanted during
install time instead of having to figure out boot parameters.

-Dave