Re: Fedora 9 install using md RAID

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 16:45 +1300, Richard Scobie wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could do an
> install of Fedora 9 WITHOUT it using dm RAID.
>
> I have done a number of md RAID installs of Fedora 9, but this
> particular machine has a Silicon Image controller that the Redhat
> installer obviously recognises and automatically proceeds to install
> using dmraid and I would prefer to use md.

At the boot prompt, pass the nodmraid option.  There are a number of
options available, you can get the entire list by installing anaconda,
then running anaconda --help on a working system.  Any options the
kernel doesn't know just get passed on to anaconda.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at