Re: Initial degraded RAID6 sync doesn't occur? Kernel reports it as RAID5?

Dear all,

Bas van Schaik wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A while ago I created a RAID6 array of 5 devices of which one was
> 'missing'. The last disk just didn't arrive in time, so I decided to
> create a degraded RAID6 array, actually being equal to a RAID5 in terms
> of risks (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm sorry for self-replying this post, but I forgot to mention the
kernel version I'm using. I was somehow convinced of the fact that I was
running a recent kernel, but it turns out to be 2.6.24 (from Ubuntu
Hardy). Unfortunately I cannot upgrade this kernel to the latest version
to check if my questions/observations still hold.

  -- Bas