Re: raid10,f2 degraded read speed

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should actually have more figures from systems in production.
..
> Nice to have more benchmarks. Maybe you can write up something for the
> wiki?
..

Funny you should mention that - I was speaking with a colleague
recently and I told him that I'm going to try for a fairly
comprehensive test of raid5, raid10[n2,o2,f2] in both regular and
degraded mode, utilizing fstest to test ext3, jfs, xfs, and maybe
spadfs. I've got most of it scripted too so some refinements to those
scripts might be useful to somebody else. I plan on putting this on my
blog when I get the time.

However, I'm rather pressed for time right now so it will likely be a while.

> And to stand the teeth of time, I would like to have performance
> expressed in terms of relative performance of raw read speed for one
> disk, this figure is most likely very stable even over a 10 years'
> timespan.

I agree.

--
Jon