Re: split off + mount a partitionless RAID1 device?

Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

I'd love to split one of the drives off of the RAID1 and mount it
directly. Then it can feed the ravenous Apache monster while the
other five drives resync in peace. But foolishly and somewhat
accidentally, this RAID is made up of devices (sdb, sdbf, etc..)
instead of paritions (sdb1, sdf1, etc...). And I don't know how to
mount a partitionless device. Do you?

Works just like mounting any other block device
You don't absolutely *require* a partition table on a device, you can get along fine without one if you are not worried about the kernel complaining from time to time about an invalid partition table.

mount /dev/sdb /mnt

Easy.

Brad