Re: Booting off of RAID10 versus RAID1

My desktop NFS boots off my fileserver, with a local /boot partition
on a 2GB CompactFlash card in an IDE -> CF adapter bought for pennies
on fleabay. With a partition like /boot that doesn't get written to
very often (Only on kernel updates and initrd changes) I don't see the
write limitations as being too much of a problem. Not sure how well
they would fare in a raid1 setup, but again they'd only be written to
occasionally.