Multiple siI SATA cards and data corruption

Hi all,

This is somewhat offtopic; bear with me, someone may be able to help!
I posted a short while back that I'd suffered quite a large data loss
with mdadm and a handful of SATA disks, it looks like it was caused by
a bug in the sata_sil driver as there is stuff posted here:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0707.1/0024.html as well
as a bug on Ubuntu's launchpad site:

I'm no kernel hacker, and I have not found much more evidence to
support the fact it's a bug other than I can reproduce the failure
pretty consistently (6 hard disks over 3 PCI sil 3512 based SATA
cards). I've just ordered a new motherboard, CPU etc. for the
fileserver in question and can test things a bit more thoroughly once
they appear and I have time to swap out the guts of my current
machine. Does anyone know how I'd go about even starting to help fix
this sata_sil maybe-bug, or indeed if a fix has already been committed
to the kernel, or at least how to help track it down?

Thanks,