Re: emergency recovery

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe wrote:
jeff sacksteder <jsacksteder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is essential that I not make this worse than it is. Is the

Well, this in mind the first thing you should do is taking raw images
from all the component drives before even thinking about any kind of
recovery.

Thanks. I'll try to use a fresh drive with a ddrescue(ed) image on it with the corrupt drive. I may do the same with the stale(evms terminology?) drive.

Do I need to dd image all 6 dives somewhere to be safe?

I want to force assemble 4 good +1stale +1 corrupt to a degraded raid5 array with 5 good +1 corrupt. I could avoid dd imaging the 4 good drives if I could mark these 4 drives read-only. Is that possible or with the forced assembly does it need to write new md meta data to all the drives and therefore need to modify these drives?

Tell me to start a new thread if this doesn't pertain to the OP's question.