Re: segfault in mdadm v2.6.4

> There is a known issue with arrays in the "read-auto" state and "mdadm
> --monitor".  The attached patch addresses this.

Ah- I forgot that, yes, mdadm monitor was running.  I was *wondering* what
mdadm process was hanging around to segfault- duh! :-)

> What is more concerning is the usb-storage hangs.  Do you have logs
> from when it hung?

Nope- absolutely nothing useful from dmesg or /var/log/messages.  The
array simply grinds to a halt.  I think it might be the USB bridge, since
this morning I woke up to find the same drive as previously mentioned,
with its access light on continuously (didn't happen the first time.)  It
did get further along in the sync- 66.7%, very roughly twice as far as the
first time.

/proc/mdstat keeps getting updated during all this; the (obviously
averaged) rebuild rate average drops steadily.

  I don't have any info handy on the USB device, but it's an older
SATA<->USB/eSATA AMS Venus (expensive but otherwise nice case.  Has a
silent 80mm fan in it that doesn't move much hair, but does keep drives
cooler.)  It dates back to when manufacturers were still making "L"
"eSATA" ports (grr.)  The other USB bridge is a Vantec multi-interface
bare adapter.  That one seemed fine.

Ask away with things you'd like me to try- I'll get more info this
evening, and I might try picking up a second one of the Vantec interfaces
if I can (they're cheap- and have proven endlessly useful.)
Unfortunately, my intended destination for this array uses Adaptec 1205SA
PCI cards, which idiotically don't support drives over 500GB and hang
during their POST :(

Sometimes I wish for the days of ISA and IRQ's...grrrr!

Brett