Re: need help, possibly shred my array, no backups, debian install issue - safe for now

Ok, I rebooted the ols Slackware system and the array assembles fine there.

The point was that debian didn't see the partitions sda1, sdb1 and sdc1 for
reasons beyond me. c/sfdisk reported the partitons fine but they weren't
in /proc/partitions, Bob knows why.

So when debian scanned the disks, it saw an old UUID from my first raid steps
when I made the entire disk part of the raid instead of setting up an 0xFD
partition, guess the old UUID is somehow still around.

Questions that remain are: why doesn't debian see the partitions and how do I
get rid of the old relicts from the first try?

Dex