Re: Interesting RAID checking observations

>> I'd like to note that the symptoms include not even being
>> able to *type* at the console, which I thought was all in-kernel
>> code, not subject to being swapped out.  But whatever.
>
> Really? Or is it just that you can type but the characters don't get
> echoed. The type part is in the kernel, but the display involves X
> unless you run a direct console.

No, as I said, it was at a (text-mode) console, /dev/tty2 as I recall.
You're right, I expect it was just not echoing, as I could switch
consoles fine, implying that the lowest-level interrupt handler was
working, but it's still surprising.

The server stopped responding to my login, so I wandered over to the
console to look for kernel panics and encountered the symptom.
-